A few years ago, I was introduced to XP3, the student ministry curriculum from Orange. I didn’t know much about the whole Orange thing at that time, but I did hear they had an annual conference. So, in 2010, I decided to check it out. I was overwhelmed a bit, but I had a great time, learning a lot! This year, I’ll be attending again, God willing, and I’m really excited. But you may be asking yourself why you should attend the Orange Conference, so I decided to create a list of the top 10 reasons:
10) You have a good chance of getting some free stuff.
9) You get to act like a child (youth ministers have a really fun game night to start off the conference).
8) You get to meet ministry leaders from all over the world.
7) You can learn more about your area of ministry.
6) You can learn more about other areas of ministry.
5) You get to take a break from your daily routine.
4) You will learn more about the Orange philosophy of ministry straight from the ones who developed it.
3) There is something for everyone on your ministry staff team.
2) You get to spend time in worship without worrying about planning anything.
1) You can become a better ministry leader.
Yes, there are several conferences out there, and many of them are fantastic. However, if you have not attended a conference recently, I would encourage you to check out the Orange Conference. In fact, bring your whole staff and/or team.