As I’ve said many times before, one of the most exciting things about Orange is its approach to all-church ministry. It’s more than just a plan for kids and student ministry. It’s actually something that can transform how your entire church does ministry — to kids, students, parents, grandparents, singles, etc.
If you are unfamiliar with Orange’s family ministry philosophy, click here for a blog post I wrote all about it. Feel free to also read my blog posts from the three-day event called Orange Conference.
Unless you live in the southeastern US, it is quite expensive to get your entire team to Atlanta to experience an Orange event. On top of that, their conference, while great, is a full three-day event that also has a cost attached to it.
That’s where the Orange Tour come into play. The team at Orange has started making their way around the United States, offering one-day events in key areas of the country. On top of that, it’s a lot more affordable. This way, you can take more of your staff and team with you to experience an Orange event and learn more about this great approach to ministry.
This year, they are also adding a component for parents, on the night before, called Parent Cue Live. According to Orange, this two-hour evening experience will “help every parent become more connected to a faith community so they can be more intentional at home.”
Further, Parent Cue Live is designed to help parents in four ways:
- REDISCOVER what their kids need most in every phase
- REPRIORITIZE how to engage with their kids every week
- REIMAGINE how to dialogue with their kids about critical issues
- RETHINK ways to partner with a church to impact their kid’s future
I’ve been able to attend Orange Tour twice so far, and I’ve loved bringing people with me. Each time, I was able to bring some staff members, like senior, worship, and executive ministry leaders, but I was also able to bring many of our volunteer leaders with us. By doing this, more of our team members were able to hear it for themselves, ask questions of Orange leaders, and network with other leaders from area churches.
Orange Tour Fall 2018 locations:
- September 7 – Atlanta, GA
- September 14 – Seattle, SA
- September 18 – Irvine, CA
- September 21 – Phoenix, AZ
- September 25 – Lancaster, PA
- October 2 – Minneapolis, MN
- October 5 – Boston, MA
- October 9 – Detroit, MI
- October 12 – Indianapolis, IN
- October 16 – Kansas City, KS
- October 16 – Nashville, TN
- October 19 – Chicago, IL
- October 19 – Jackson, MS
- October 23 – Austin, TX
- October 23 – Richmond, VA
- October 26 – Dallas, TX
- October 26 – Pittsburgh, PA
- November 2 – Orlando, FL
- November 6 – Milledgeville, GA
- November 9 – Charlotte, NC
If you’d like to learn more about the Orange Tour, just check out their website at http://orangetour.org.
To read more about Orange Tour on my blog, check out my collection of blogs from it.
This week is Orange Blogger Week! Make sure you also check out other blogs from the rest of the Orange bloggers. Click here for a list of their sites.