Jo Saxton’s talk at Youth Ministry Exchange 2020 was fantastic, as expected. Here are all my notes from her talk entitled, “I’m here to play because I have a lot to learn.”
- Life has always been changing, many of us just haven’t been watching.
- Our posture will determine how we handle changes and where we go in the future.
- Examples from 1 Chronicles 12 (Change was coming after Saul’s death) & Jesus’ interactions with the Pharisees and Sadducees.
- People were getting caught up in the changes, but they couldn’t see how God was moving in their midst, because they were caught up in the past.
- How do we move forward? Be aware of the times we are in.
- How are you doing personally?
- How are you doing with your calling?
- We’re all in the same storm, but we’re not all in the same boat.
- If everybody you’re learning from looks like you, then you’re going to be missing things about this year.
How are you continuing to grow, especially from those who do not look like you or think like you?
Jo Saxton is an author, speaker, podcaster, and entrepreneurial coach. Born to Nigerian parents and raised in London, Jo brings a multicultural and international perspective to her leadership training for women. A sought-after speaker, Jo has a diverse calendar addressing universities, churches, national conferences, nonprofits, and corporations, including Q, Catalyst, Evereve, NoonDay Collection, LakeShore Media, and internationally in the U.K. and Australia.