Today official kicks off Orange Blogger Week for September 2011, To start with, I just want to let you know about The Orange Conference, especially since registration opens this week! Below is a TON of information about the conference straight from the ones who put the event together.
What is The Orange Conference?
OC is premiere gathering for church leaders in family ministry (preschool, children’s, student and senior leadership). There were nearly 5,000 people at OC11 from all over the world.
When is The Orange Conference 2012?
April 25-27, 2012
Where is OC12?
The Gwinnett Center in Duluth, GA (a suburb of Atlanta)
Where can I get more information?
When does registration open?
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Are there any perks to registering on opening day?
You betcha. Please refer to www.TheOrangeConference.com for the latest on offers and promotions.
What is the theme for OC12?
Why should I attend OC12?
The conference is designed for entire family ministry teams. We encourage you to not only bring your department, but all interested in a complete strategy for the church. Our offerings touch on subject matter for volunteers, preschool ministers, children’s ministers, student and college ministers as well as senior leadership. Everyone has a place at The Orange Conference.
What are the benefits of attending The Orange Conference?
1. You can customize the conference! We’ve created more than 80 distinct workshops and given you the freedom to pick the ones that are most relevant and exactly right for each member of your staff and volunteers.
2. You’ll gain insight. The communicators at OC12 are:
- Leaders who understand how the game is changing and are leading the church to respond
- Leaders who study why and how the game is changing
- Leaders in the community and the workplace
3. You’ll have dedicated time with your team. Teams attend OC and return year after year to get realigned and reacquainted. Falling out of alignment is easy; keeping everyone moving in the same direction is hard work. So, we’ve designed The Orange Conference to help you get and keep everyone on the same page. It’s like a staff retreat where all the work is done for you.
4. You’ll network and discover. When you attend OC, you’re a part of a bigger story filled with innovation, new ideas and game-changing moments.
5. You’ll leave with a strategy. At OC12, you will be inspired to put together a plan and align your team. The Orange Strategy is teachable and transferable for every style and size of church.
I’m new to Orange. Will OC12 still be of benefit to me?
We offer a wide range of workshops, breakouts and information over the course of the conference suitable for those exploring the Orange Strategy, those new to it or seasoned veterans. Bring your team and enjoy!
How much does OC12 cost?
The cheapest price will be offered on the opening day of registration, September 22. The price will go up as the conference gets closer. Please refer to the website for specifics.
I’m on a budget. How can I score free tickets?
We periodically hold contest throughout the year to give away free tickets and prizes. Please refer to the website for the latest info. Also, we encourage churches on a budget to volunteer to still participate in the experience. Complete volunteer details are on the website.
Who’s speaking at OC12?
Great question! We are putting together an incredible lineup of speakers with game-changing ideas. Here’s who’s signed on so far, with dozens more to come over the next few months:
- Reggie Joiner, founder of Orange
- Andy Stanley, Senior Pastor of North Point Community Church
- Craig Groeschel, Founding and Senior Pastor of LifeChurch.tv
- Lanny Donoho, President and Creative Director of BigStuf Productions and BigStuf Camps
- Jon Acuff, Author of Quitter, social media specialist at JonAcuff.com
- Mawi Asgedom, Educational innovator, author and founder of Mental Karate
- Sue Miller, Children’s innovator, author of Making Your Children’s Ministry the Best Hour of Every Kid’s Week
- Joel Manby, President of Herschend Entertainment, featured on Undercover Boss
- David Kinnaman, President of Barna Research Group and author of unChristian
- Carey Neuiwhof, Lead Pastor of Connexus Community Church
- Kara Powell, Executive Director at Fuller Institute and author of Sticky Faith and Deep Justice Journeys
- Stuart Hall, Director of Training for XP3
- Jared Herd, Creative Director of XP3 Students
What workshops will be offered at OC12?
We are still putting together our list of workshops for 2012. But if you check out the Workshops page on the website, you’ll see our workshop offerings from 2011 to give you a good idea of what’s in store. There is also a spot for you to suggest one! For 2012, we’ll offer four suggested tracks: preschool, children’s, student and senior leadership.
Are there group discounts to OC12?
For the purpose of the conference, we define groups as 15 people or more. To obtain the discount as well as find out about all the swanky perks that come with it, email OCConcierge@rethinkgroup.org. If you register a few and then later register more people to achieve groups status, your additions will receive the current groups discount and you’ll still be eligible for all the on-site fun stuff, too.
Are there networking opportunities at OC12?
While we provide a few structured networking opportunities during the event, we encourage everyone to find the time to meet others during their breakouts/workshops, at mealtimes and during other organic moments over the three days. Dialoging with other church leaders may not only help you to get your questions answered, but will also serve to strengthen the church as a whole. The Orange Strategy hinges on the fact that we must work together and not in silos, which can exist even between other churches and denominations.
What’s new for 2012?
We’ve got a couple things cooking in this department and will update the website just as soon as the wrinkles are ironed out.
I’m ready to tell everyone I know about OC. Do I get anything in return?
Many of you have been gracious enough to tell your friends and family about The Orange Conference over the years, and we want to reward you for it! We’ll even let you pick your reward. We know, we are too kind…
We have several ways that you can spread the word. In fact, we created a kit by the same name on the website for your use. To get your reward, simply remind your friends to write your name and church* in the “How’d you hear about The Orange Conference” registration box after paying for their registration,
we’ll give a choice of two different rewards:
- Receive $25 off of your conference 2012 registration, up to $50.**
- Receive a $25 credit for Orange curriculum, up to $50, found online at www.WhatIsOrange.org.***
For complete details, visit http://www.whatisorange.org/orangeconference/spread-the-word/.
How can I contact The Orange Conference?
The two best ways are by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, and by phone, 877-313-9826. There is also a FAQ section on the website that can answer many questions.
Thanks for all that, but what exactly is Orange?
Orange is a nonprofit organization providing resources and training to help churches maximize their influence on the spiritual growth of the next generation. (Orange is formerly known as The reThink Group.) For more details on Orange and its resources, please visit www.WhatIsOrange.org.