Today, I just want to take a moment to brag. No, I’m not going to talk about how cool I am. That would be a VERY short post. Instead, I want to talk about how cool our student ministry team is. I can truly say that I am blessed to be a part of one of the best teams at our church. Why? Let me give you five reasons, even though there are many more.
1) I am constantly surrounded with people who love God and love teenagers. There are not many other groups I can think of that sound better.
2) We have a ton of fun! Between games, events, and just being silly, we have so much fun! In fact, I think our students often think we are incredibly weird because we get along so well.
3) They are willing to serve. Not only do I have adults committing to serve as a small group leader ever week, I often have more volunteers than I really need to go on a retreat or other events.
4) There are many parents involved. In fact, most of my team consists of parents, who recognize the value of having an impact on more than just their own child. How cool is that?
5) They are incredibly giving and have huge servant attitudes. Not only are they willing to give of their time, but they are often donating money, their car, their home, and more in an effort to do ministry.
Yes, much of what I do is because of my love for God and my desire to see teens’ lives transformed by Him. However, it does not hurt one bit to work with a wonderful team to accomplish that task. I thank God for them, and I tell them I am thankful for them, but I also wanted others to know just how much they mean to me. I pray that other youth ministers can say the same thing about their team.