Over the years, I’ve really enjoyed going to conferences and other events where I get the opportunity to learn, but I also enjoy connecting with others. In fact, I might even like that more. I was just talking to a friend the other day about another event, though, in which I’d really like to take it a step further and start to serve those who attend.
That is one of the reasons why I love blogging for The Orange Conference and other events. I feel like I’m able partner with others in serving the ministry world through the written word. It’s my way of serving.
Did you know you could also serve The Orange Conference through volunteering?
The 2018 dates are April 25-27, and the theme is “One Voice – We can do more together.” And you know what? I totally believe that! We can do so much more if we partner together, toss our small differences to the side, and serve one another and with one another.
They are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
- Host Team – Arena: Greeter, Usher, and Orange Spirit Team.
- Host Team – Breakouts: Greeter, Badge Scanner and Orange Spirit Team.
- Registration: Greeter, Check-In Team, Registration Bag Pick-Up and Orange Spirit Team.
- Store/Resource Center: Shelve Stocker, “Security” and Greeter. You do not have to be fully knowledgeable with Orange resources or work with a cash register. (But if you are, it is helpful for us to know.)
- Gallery: Greeter and Orange Spirit Team.
Realize, though, that you’ll be quite busy, so it will not be the same as actually attending the event as a participant. While you may not be able to go to all the main sessions, and attend every workshop, you will be able to give back to the church through serving.
If you bring a group to volunteer, and they will even give you free tickets! And if you cannot make the entire event, they will even take you for the time you can serve.
If you would like to give back at The Orange Conference this year, or just have more questions, check out http://thnkor.ng/vols. I’ll see you there!