Tonight, I joined my first soccer team since college. It has been a long time coming, and something I have always wanted to do, but never had the opportunity until now. It is an indoor co-ed league for anyone over 18. Our team is made up of 10 guys and 2 girls. We won our first game 11-6, and I even scored a goal myself. However, I learned quite a bit my first day back on the pitch after 7 years away from the sport.
- I am not as young and in shape as I once was.
- Running a 5K a couple times a week is not enough to keep my endurance up to play a full game of soccer.
- For the most part, soccer skills are like riding a bike, and most of them seem to be coming back rather quickly.
- It is really easy to jump in and play with strangers when they all talk to each other during the game.
- This is what I’ve needed to kick my butt into gear about many things including working out and reaching out to others for Christ.