During their Deep Dive pre-conference workshop at the National Youth Worker Convention 2019 entitled “First 2 Years in Youth Ministry,” Josh Griffin and Karl Romeus shared a ton of wisdom. Because it’s so much, I’ve decided to break it up over a series of posts. This first one is all about starting with the right foundations.
We all want healthy youth ministries, and in order to get them, they shared 10 foundations that all healthy youth ministries require:
- Leaders to depend on God’s power
- Structure and skills (Ecclesiastes 10:10)
- Love for people and relationships (1 Thess. 3:12)
- Access to resources
- Political support (navigate them well/wisely)
- Heathy determination (or a healthy view of your calling)
- Leaders who recognize they can never do enough… but God can
- Leaders who make the right commitments.*
*What are some of those right commitments? Keep checking back, as I will be posting 10 commitments all youth workers need to make very soon!
Which ones are you doing well right now? Which ones are you struggling with the most? Let’s keep the conversation going in the comments!