In his Orange Conference 2023 talk, Bob Goff closed out the event sharing how God knows everything, but the angels don’t. So he encouraged us to dazzle the angels.
Here are a few highlights from his talk:
- We need to be obedient to what God has called us to.
- Know what you are doing and why you are doing it, because the angels are watching.
- When love has an agenda, it isn’t love anymore. We don’t need agendas. We need people who are dazzling the angels.
- Go be you. Don’t be a characature of who you are.
- We only have approximately 27,383 days on earth. How will you use them?
- Bob has started raising Scottish Highland Cows. He got one given to him. Her owner said she was a nice cow, but then she ran into him with her horns. The owner said, “She doesn’t know she has horns.” The people we work with often are like that.
- Remember why you’re doing what you’re doing, and keep your eyes fixed on Jesus.
- You can hypnotize a chicken by rubbing it under it’s head. This is what can happen to you in ministry. All the encouragement about nice messages and such could put us to sleep. We need to wake up to who God wants us to be.
- Often, when we have something we don’t understand, we start to make up stories. What kind of stories have we made up?
- We are like nesting dolls, always with deeper issues underneath. So who is underneath for you, the deeper person? And have we taken all that to God?
- We also need to dazzle the angels by being authentic. Don’t just ask others “how are you,” but “what does it feel like to be you?” And we need to share this ourselves too as we interact with others.
- The only thing that matters is your faith expressed in love. (Galatians 5:6)
- Be obedient to God enough to be who you are.
- Of course we are going to mess up sometimes, but we need to keep leaning in!