I thought I would just give everyone a heads-up on what Workshops/Breakouts I would be attending at the Orange Conference this year. All of them are related to ministry to students/teens. A couple of the ones I am very excited about attending and sharing are the Breakouts concerning reaching special needs children and teens. I know that is an area in which many of our churches could improve.
- HOW TO: MOBILIZE KIDS AND YOUTH TO LEAD
- HOW TO: BUILD A SUCCESSFUL AND SAFE SPECIAL NEEDS MINISTRY
- HOW TO: RECRUIT VOLUNTEERS
- HOW TO: CREATE A LOCAL NETWORK OF MINISTRY LEADERS
- HOW TO: “FREE” A VOLUNTEER
- THE NEW IN-BETWEENERS
- SPECIAL NEEDS: SUCCESSFULLY INCLUDING THE PRETEEN AND YOUTH AFFECTED BY AUTISM
- T.B.D. WITH DOUG FIELDS
- RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
Head to the Orange 2011 Workshop/Breakout page for more details on these. I made sure to sign up for topics that I did not attend last year. If you want to read some thoughts about them, please check out my notes from Orange 2010.
If there is a specific Workshop or Breakout that you would like to hear about, please make sure to comment below or DM me on Twitter (@stevecullum), and I will see if I can switch things up.